Tuesday, September 24, 2013

sumac: it isn't about the photos



We are not prisoners.




No traps or snares are set around us; there is nothing that should frighten or torment us.






We have been put into life as into the element we most accord with, and we have moreover,




through millennia of adaptation, come to resemble this life so greatly,




that we, when we hold still,




through a happy mimicry,




can hardly be distinguished





from everything that surrounds us.






— Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet



5 comments:

  1. my heart swells with the madness of this which is not madness at all but the maddening thrust of the destruction of all separation)))))

    your attention is a hand touching over and over the stuff which we are all made of.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is sophisticated focusing, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now so am I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little behind in my blog reading, but I just love this and wanted to comment. Yes, it's not about the photos. It's about meeting LIFE, the awareness of the Primordial Presence in all things just waiting to be recognized, to be *seen.* Beautiful Divine Intimacy :) Thank you for bringing this awareness in such a beautiful way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dripping, saturated with fullness, with the circle of life... Such living words and images. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. If you would like to say something, rest assured that I will respond in my self, even if I do not respond in word.