Saturday, September 28, 2013

songs of fairies robbing an orchard



Song of Fairies Robbing an Orchard 
by Leigh Hunt 
We, the Fairies, blithe and antic,
Of dimensions not gigantic,
Though the moonshine mostly keep us,
Oft in orchards frisk and peep us. 
Stolen sweets are always sweeter,
Stolen kisses much completer,
Stolen looks are nice in chapels,
Stolen, stolen, be your apples. 
When to bed the world are bobbing,
Then's the time for orchard-robbing;
Yet the fruit were scarce worth peeling,
Were it not for stealing, stealing.


1 comment:

  1. HA! I always knew they were imps! They often come to me in my dreams and steal, steal, steal from my secret stash. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. If you would like to say something, rest assured that I will respond in my self, even if I do not respond in word.